I created this recipe on the spot by experimenting with a few ingredients and it turned out quite well which is why I thought I’d share my simple, very easy recipe which you could make in minutes! It has a subtle sweetness, is fluffy and very filling! By only using a few ingredients and a few minutes of your day, you will have these yummy pancakes ready on your plate to eat. I like to make this if I do not have alot of time, want to make something very quickly, or if I am feeling a bit lazy!
With the added protein this is also a good protein boost for first thing in the morning for breakfast or after a workout…or to be honest, for any time of day really! The pancakes in the pictures may look plain and simple, but believe me, you will get a satisfying taste of the infused chocolate flavour, and the cacao nibs give it that extra chocolatey crunch!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 150g oat flour (I mill my oats into flour). In this recipe I use Holland & Barrett 100% Organic Jumbo Oats
- 25g chocolate protein powder (any chocolate protein powder is fine to use, in this recipe I use the Tropeaka Lean Protein Powder in Chocolate (or if you do not have/do not want to use protein powder then you can use cacao powder instead)
- 10g cacao nibs – in this recipe I use the My Protein Organic Raw Cacao Nibs
- 20g chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150ml almond milk (Or any nut milk/dairy milk)
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan (optional)
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl until runny
- Add the eggs then mix with the mashed banana
- Add all of the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix altogether until you have a runny consistency
- Grease a frying pan with just a little bit of coconut oil and turn on a medium heat (I do not use any oil if I am using a non stick pan)
- Pour the mix in a 1/4 measuring cup until it is full then pour out into the pan which should give a perfect pancake size, then keep filling the measuring cup with the mix and pouring into the pan until all of the mix has been used
- Cook in the pan for approx 3 minutes on each side of the pancake or until each side turns a golden brown colour
- Toppings! I will leave this for you to decide. You can use any toppings you like! I usually like to top/spread almond butter, but you can use any nut butter, spread, fruits, nuts or/and cinnamon
Let me know if you try my recipe and what you think!