This is something I experimented with quite recently and I was so pleasantly surprised with how moist this turned out! It is something I now make on a regular basis and is so quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients! The mix of banana and apple puree make is so soft and moist and gives it that sweet taste without any added sugars. I like to spread some almond butter over a slice sometimes and it tastes amazing!
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas (depending on their size)
- 300g oat flour
- 250g apple puree
- 5g ground cinnamon
- 40g cacao liquor buttons (or you can use cacao nibs)
Lets get baking!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (fan assisted)
- Mash the ripe bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork
- Add the oat flour (if you have oats then you can turn it into flour by either milling using a nutribullet or grinding in a food processor – I mill mine)
- Add the apple puree (I use approx 250g but you can put more if you want it more moist and soft) (I also usually make my own apple puree too)
- Add the ground cinnamon
- Add the cacao liquor buttons (break it into pieces)
- Mix all together in the bowl until all is well combined and has a sticky consistency
- Place the mix in a loaf tin (I use loaf tin liners but you can also use parchment paper or grease the tin with coconut oil)
- Bake in the oven for approx 45 min
- Use a metal skewer or flat knife to insert into the loaf and if it comes out clean then your loaf is ready, otherwise put back into the oven for a few more minutes
- Once ready and out of the oven, leave to cool down then take the baked loaf out of the loaf tin and cut into slices. I store the slices in a cake tin and they usually keep for about 3 days
If you have any questions please contact me in the comments section below or let me know what you think if you give it a go!
Links below to products I use⇓⇓⇓